It’s That Time of Year Again – Movember!
Those of you who read this site regularly, or have met me, know about my passion for a charity called Movember. This passion was generated by a few things:
1. The guys who run Movember have more passion for what they do, and for life, than most people I know. That’s contagious. (And it’s the only infectious thing they’re not trying to cure.)
2. There is so much awareness of women’s health issues that even our men are wearing pink cleats while playing football to help raise more awareness. Yet those same men know so little about their own health. They don’t talk about their health, even though 1-in-2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in his lifetime, as opposed to 1-in-3 women. (Most guys don’t know that.) So where’s the pink ribbon for the men? What’s their month?
3. The mustache and Movember is one of the more creative approaches to fundraising and awareness-raising I’ve encountered. The moment I heard about Movember, I wanted to take part. I wanted to write about it and do whatever I could to let people know about the charity. I like the men in my life, and I’d like to keep them around.
So, if you want to help out, there are a few ways you can do so.
1. Cure cancer. This would be greatly appreciated.
2. Contribute. Go to my MoSpace page HERE and click the big “DONATE” button on the righthand side.
3. Register at www.movember.com and join my team–Cash, Money, Mo’s–so you can fundraise on your own and even plan a fun mustache-themed fundraising party! (The money raised by Movember goes to the Prostate Cancer Foundation and Livestrong.)
4. Or just check out THIS PAGE and read some shocking stats about men’s health. And then pass that knowledge on to the men in your life and encourage them to get regular check-ups and prostate exams.
But really, grow a mo. Everybody’s doing it.
Leave a Comment